Emilia Guarnieri was born in 1947 in Varazze, Italy. She attended the faculty of Modern Humanities at the University of Bologna, where she graduated with honors in 1969. She immediately started to teach and by 1974 taught Italian literature and Latin in high school, first at Liceo Scientifico Serpieri and then at Einstein of Rimini. Subsequently, from 1989 to 2014 she taught at Liceo Classico of Karim, the foundation that manages legally recognized private school and of which Guarnieri was a founding partner in ’74. Currently, having left teaching, she continues to work with the Foundation Karim for teacher training projects and activities that involve students on current international issues.
In 2001, she contributed to the three volumes of Dante’s Divine comedy, for the types from Bur-Rizzoli, by adding some introductions to the songs. In 1980 she was one of the co-founders of the Meeting For Friendship Amongst Peoples and she took on the role of head of the cultural program. Since 1993 she has also been the President of the foundation that organizes the week-long Rimini Meeting.
In 2003 the President of Italy conferred upon her the honor of “Commendatore dell’Ordine al Merito” of the Italian Republic and in 2004 she was awarded the “Sigismondo d’Oro”, the most important honor of the City of Rimini in Italy. From 1980 to the present, she has participated in important international events, including:
• In 1987: Educational conference for presentation of the Meeting the Italian Institute of Culture in Paris • In 1989: Educational trip and the presentation of the Meeting at Berlin
• In 1992: Presentation of the Meeting at Moscow State University
• In 1996: Presentation of the Meeting in Prague
• In 1998: International forum on social character organized in Kishnev by UNESCO and the Presidency of the Republic of Moldova
• In 2009: Presentation of the Meeting at UNESCO headquarters in Paris
• In 2010: Presentation of the Meeting during the first edition of the “Cairo Meeting”
• In 2011: Presentation of the Meeting at the headquarters of the Italian embassy in Tokyo at the Italian Cultural Institute, and at the Palace of the Doctors in the Mount Koya Temple
• In 2011: Presentation of the Meeting at ONU in New York
• In 2012: Presentation of the Meeting at the headquarters of the Italian Embassy in Beirut
• In 2012: Presentation of the Meeting at the headquarters of the Italian Embassy in Moscow.